So, you’ve picked up your Christmas cake from Quality Cake Company…now you want to cut into it and enjoy it piece by piece.
Well, it’s not as simple as it looks, so we’ve put together some tips for cutting your Christmas fruitcakes.
What you’ll need
- a serrated knife
- a flat cutting board
- a damp cloth
Using a thin bread knife and not a blunt flat edge knife is better for cake cutting. A blunt knife will cause your fruitcake to crumble.
- Use a sawing action with the serrated blade
- Avoid pushing the knife down
- Cut all the way to the baseboard
- Wipe the knife with a clean, damp cloth in between cuts
- Break off any decorations holding the cake to the board
- Then, slide the knife under the slice
- The slice should now lift away easily
Now sit down with a cuppa tea and Christmas music on and enjoy 🙂
Making your own Christmas cake? Pop in store to see our great range of Christmas cake decorations.